Monday, August 2, 2010

A Little Weekend Fiesta.

Had a little Fun this weekend. Lots of cooking, and it was all really tasty!!! Had to get someone to mince up my fresh jalapenos, because I refused to touch them..... I wasn't gonna end up with burning hands!!!

I think most of the recipes says that it serves 4.... but with chicken, and rice, and beans, and salsa, and avocado soup...... the portions ended up being much smaller, and will last longer.
Good thing is, all the the very perishable food (ie: avocado soup and mango salsa) have held up pretty well due to all the lemon and lime juices it had been infused with.

Not sure that it is a dish that could be frozen somehow for the future.... somehow dont think the fresh items would hold up so well frozen, but I am sure the chicken at least could be stored in the freezer for future cooking, and perhaps just make half recipe of the mango each time you go to cook the chicken.

All in all, was all very yummy. will be able to play around with the recipes ore the next time I go to make them since I am more familiar with the dish now.

No comments:

Post a Comment